British Glass Biennale
We have some exciting news!
For the first time the British Glass Biennale will be accepting applications from British makers living, working or studying abroad providing:
1. They have a British passport
2. They have previously lived in the UK for at least 15 years
Applications can be made for both the main and student sections.
We arealso delighted to announce the Jury members for the 2017 British Glass Biennale. They are:
Barbara Beadman: Board Member of British Glass & Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers
Scott Benefield: Artist, educator and writer. Member of the Glass Art Society (US) Advisory Committee
Aonghus Gordon: Founder and Chair of Trustees, Ruskin Mill Land Trust
Rosy Greenlees: Director, Crafts Council
Maja Heuer: Museum Director, The Glass Factory, Boda, Sweden
Chair of the Jury panel: Scott Benefield
Curator: Matt Durran; Biennale Coordinator: Kate Goldenberg
The criteria for submissions
• The British Glass Biennale is open to artists, designers and craftspeople, working in all areas of contemporary glass practice or using glass as a key design element.
• have been living and working in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland for the last two consecutive years; or
• Be living, working or studying abroad but possess a British passport and have previously lived in the UK for a minimum of 15years
• Each artist can submit up to three pieces for consideration.
• Each piece must be predominantly made of glass but can incorporate other materials.
• All pieces selected must have been made since 1st June 2015.
• All works selected for display must be for sale.
Deadline for submissions: 20 February 2017
Information on the prizes will be available soon.
Exhibition Dates: Awards Ceremony 24 August; open 25 August – 9 September (closed on Sundays)
Application form available in early 2017