There are a huge number of benefits to joining CGS and we are constantly working to improve and enhance our offer. Current benefits include:
- Exhibition opportunities - join world-class online exhibitions to showcase the best of contemporary glass and submit to international exhibitions, often with discounted submission fees. We also hold online gallery member-only exhibitions.
- Regular and one-off discounts from suppliers and partners such as Creative Glass (15% discount on materials), North Lands Creative Glass (10% discount on their annual conference) Warm Glass (15% discount on materials,), Eternal Tools (10% discount).
- Your own personal webpage - a platform to advertise yourself and your work, promote your own selling pages and confirm your membership of CGS via a website that gets over 4000 hits per month. Every member also features in the randomly generated members’ spotlight on the homepage. Visit our member directory to see some examples.
- Advertising opportunities - improve your profile and increase your sales via the well regarded CGS 'Glass Network' magazine by submitting articles and notices for free, plus opportunities to place paid advertisements. Members also have exclusive access to posting entries on the noticeboard on the CGS website and take part in promotional partnership opportunities. Corporate Members can also pay to feature in the corporate spotlight section of the website homepage to help boost your organisational profile.
- Contact with other local artists through CGS Regional Hubs - building on the success of CGS' Northern Regional Hub we are developing more regional hubs around the country which offer members the opportunity to network and increase their own profile and sales locally.
- Regular news and updates from the glass community - keep up to date with national and international glass related news, views, information and opportunities via our members' monthly e-newsletter and our quarterly, full colour magazine, 'Glass Network'. Delivered to your door every three months Glass Network engages in current debate with leading creatives in contemporary glass, shares new techniques and handy making tips from practicing artists, keeps up with newly published resources about glass, reviews current national and international glass exhibitions, spotlights inspiring contemporary glass artists. Download a sample copy.
- Personal development opportunities - apply for mentorships, learn from and be inspired by leading glass artists, meet and network with colleagues through CGS Regional Hubs Specialist Information and advice, receive reports from conferences, workshops and member exhibitions, gain access to our members only advice line and receive information about suppliers, specialist companies, commissions, and exhibiting opportunities.
- Early-bird invitation and discount for the CGS conference - our conferences feature world renowned speakers and artists and are attended by glass makers from around the world.
- Full voting rights - membership gives you a voice among the best in creative contemporary glass and the opportunity to drive forward the issues that matter most in your industry.
"The CGS is going from strength to strength – they offer a connection to the wider glass community but also arrange great discounts and opportunities…all of which I have personally benefitted from." Lisa Pettibone, Member 2014.
Additional benefits for students
- Concessions on membership, workshop and conference fees.
- A free membership for a student representative at individual college/university
Additional benefits for corporate and educational members
- Discounted rates on advertising in CGS publications and mail-shots to all members.
- Opportunity to advertise in the Corporate Spotlight section of the CGS website
- Opportunities to sponsor CGS events and join us in partnership activities
Joining CGS gives you a proactive stake in the creative glass industry - our members are the lifeblood of our organisation – together we are stronger and can strive harder for excellence in glass as a creative medium, develop a greater awareness of contemporary glass worldwide and build our industry into an even better community.
Find out more about how to join today or contact our Membership and Fundraising Admininstrator Pam Reekie if you have any questions.